Sunday, November 27, 2011

I’m thankful this Thanksgiving 2011


As I reflect this Thanksgiving on what I’m thankful for, I thank God for:

1. My Health (I am SO blessed to have good health and no serious health issues!)

2. My Family (Brooke Wade, Amy, Jana, Emily, & Josie; Brent) (They give my life meaning.)


3. Having Fran in my Life (To love and be loved is everything! I thank God for blessing me with Fran.)


4. My Relatives (I cherish the love and acceptance of the “clan” – as Uncle Ben used to call it.)


5. My Friends, and Good Acquaintances (They say that friends are the family that you choose. I have a few close friends, whom I cherish, and many very good acquaintances!)


6. My Faith (My relationship with God is very personal. I hope to never feel so self-confident so as to not need His love and guidance.)


7. Maddie (My cat offers me companionship and warmth when I am home.)

8. My Jobs (Dallastown golf coaching & York County voting registration) These help to give me a sense of accomplishment and purpose as well as some structure. They also allow me to enjoy relationships with various colleagues.)

9. My Houses (Chesley & Fiesta) (These properties not only offer me some security, but they allow me to exercise some of my talents and abilities.)


10. Living in the United States (Although there are many problems in our country, I am so blessed to have been born here and to live in the best country on earth. It is indeed the land of freedom and opportunity. I feel a sense of obligation or duty to try to keep the leaders from destroying what is good in this country.)


11. My Savings and Retirement (Financial Security) (The comfort and security of my secure retirement pension after 35 years of teaching allows me to fully enjoy these years. I am blessed not having to worry about money – through my pension, savings, & lifestyle.)


12. My Talents and Abilities (I sometimes take for granted what I have accomplished [professionally, athletically, & mechanically] and what I can do. I get a sense of satisfaction and pleasure from using my skills for myself and to help others.)


13. My Intelligence & Education (I’ve been blessed with some innate intelligence and quality education from York Suburban School District, Millersville State College, and Johns Hopkins University.)

14. My Memories (Memories of all the wonderful past occurrences, achievements, recognition, people [those still alive as well as those who have passed], and blessings make my life what it is. How tragic it is to lose one’s memories – all of one’s previous lifetime – a fate worse than death!)


No comments:

Post a Comment